For those not in the know, the Orlando International Airport is undergoing a major renovation!
The new Terminal C Phase 1 will add 15 gates and increase the airport’s capacity by 10-12 million passengers each year.
This is great news for Orlando travelers, as the airport is quickly becoming one of the busiest in the country.
Work on the new terminal is well underway. Recently, the Greater Orlando Airport Authority projected the following timetable for the terminal’s start-up:
- Temporary Certificate of Occupancy Approval: February 28, 2022
- On May 1, 2022, Terminal C will be substantially completed
- From mid-May to the end of July 2022, while the installation is being completed, operations will begin
- The official commencement of operations will begin July 2022
If you’re flying to Orlando, Florida to visit Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando Resort, this new airport terminal will be your next stop. It’s something to look forward to, especially if it’s your first time flying into the region.
Of course, with this update to one of the busiest airports in the world, you can expect new state of the art features and technology, including:
- Fully automated screening lanes in the TSA checkpoint
- For international arrivals and departures, 100% facial recognition is used
- A new approach for international passengers to receive their “Bags First” and speed up customs processing at the Federal Inspection Services (CBP/FIS) integrates state-of-the-art Radio Frequency Identification Technology (RFID). Tote baggage handling system has been implemented throughout for efficient tracking and faster operation
- Gate operations for simultaneous international and domestic arrivals
- Aircraft operations may be controlled via a virtual ramp
- The first completely integrated, multi-modal airport terminal in the United States for rail-air-ground transportation is at ORD
The terminal’s lobby, which is anchored by a four-story atrium with a skylight and circular glass floor, offers a first-class customer arrival experience that instantly connects passengers to the region’s culture. It includes:
• Digital media on a large scale, as part of an engaging visual experience
• Sustainability promoted through indoor and outdoor gardens
• A variety of shops, restaurants, and club/lounge facilities on the premises
Visiting Orlando Soon?
If you’re flying into Orlando this summer, make it a point to check out the renovations at the airport.
The new terminals are certain to look beautiful and spacious.
If you’re planning your summer visit, don’t forget to book your Orlando luxury car service in advance – we promise you won’t be disappointed with the benefits of our service to help make your visit even more special.